Baby or Infant Massage is the art of communicating love through touch. It is a communication process between parent(s) and child and not a massagetreatment by an outsider.
Clincal evidence demonstrates that nurturing touchhas a positive impact on the subsequent growth and development of an infant. In fact, Infant Massage:
- Strengthens respiratory, circulatory and gastrointestinal functions.
- Supports development/organization of the nervous system and the brain - Enhances and normalizes muscle tone.
- Encourages early vocalization.
- Promotes deeper/longer sleep patterns.
- Creates healthy parent-infant attachment and bonding.
Infant Massage Classes give special attention to understanding the concept of babystates and interpreting infant cues for optimum interaction with parents. Class attendees will also learn infant massage techniques and also about long term relational benefits.
Instruction is given in small group sessions; private classes are available.